Monday, January 9, 2012

Stock your pond in January?

Just wanted everyone to know that I fulfilled an order today for a pre-potted hardy waterlily today. Today is January 9, 2012 and the air temperature is about 35 f here in central Maryland.
When the customer asked if we had it/ could get it, I stated that if he was going to put it in his pond I would get it for him.
After tapping through less than 1/2" of ice I retrieved the lily (dormant rhizome) of his choice, wrapped it up as normal and sent him back to (relatively) balmy Bethesda. I did not get this gentleman's name, but what he may lack in judgment he makes up for in pond passion. I would like to make it clear though that I am not advocating stocking your pond in January.
Sorry no images with this post...nothing to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment